The Nevada Registry launched a new and improved training approval system in January 2017. The new system includes trainer approval criteria as well as an online application, approval and training submission process. A Training Approval System (TAS) Advisory Workgroup was created to help guide the ongoing development of the newly implemented trainer approval system. This page includes quick links to the documents that were generated as a result of the workgroup process as well as additional resources to support you as an approved trainer with The Nevada Registry.
Trainer Qualification and Approval Criteria Resources
- Trainer Agreement
- Adult Learning Academy
- Adult Learning Principles: List of Acceptable Training
- EARLY CHILDHOOD TRAINER - Initial Trainer Qualification Criteria and Annual Renewal Requirements
- Quality Assurance System
- TOPIC TRAINER - Initial Trainer Qualification Criteria and Annual Renewal Requirements
- Trainer Approval/Renewal: 2019 and 2020 Calendar Year Reminders and Updates
- Trainer Renewal: Annual Requirements for the Delivery of Training and Completion of Continuing Education
CCDBG Trainer Eligibility and Training Content Guidelines
- CCDBG Health and Safety Training: Guidelines for Approved Trainers
- Supplemental Document for Approved Trainers: Building and Physical Premises Safety Including the Storage and Handling of Bio-Contaminants and Hazardous Materials
- Supplemental Document for Approved Trainers: Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning Resulting from a Natural or Man-Made Event
- Supplemental Document for Approved Trainers: Medication Administration and the Prevention of and Response to Food and Other Allergies in the Child Care Environment
- Supplemental Document for Approved Trainers: Transportation and Field Trip Safety in the Early Childhood Environment
Whether you are an experienced trainer or just getting started, becoming (and remaining) a competent trainer of adult education requires practice and a commitment to lifelong learning. The following resources are provided to support your growth as a trainer and keep you up to date on the latest information related to adult learning.
- Vision of an Adult Learner Today
This video effectively highlights the diverse learning styles and preferences of adult learners and serves as a good reminder when developing training based on adult learning principles.
- Registered Trainer Complaint Protocol
The Registered Trainer Complaint Protocol provides clearly stated policies and procedures that will be followed by The Nevada Registry in the event that a formal complaint is received about a registered trainer. It also describes the circumstances under which an individual’s status as a registered trainer can be suspended and/or revoked.
- Training Evaluation Form
Feedback is one of the best ways for you to determine what is working well in your training and to identify areas where additional growth could help to enrich the training experience for your participants. If evaluation isn't already a component of your training, feel free to incorporate this training evaluation form and/or modify it to meet your needs. The feedback you collect will help you evaluate your own training practices and identify ways to further enhance the quality of the training you provide.
- NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct for Early Childhood Adult Educators
The National Association for the Education of Young Children's (NAEYC) Code of Ethical Conduct is a document that explores some of the ethical dilemmas faced by early childhood adult educators and discusses ways to best address those issues.
Professional Development Glossaries
Together, these two glossaries provide shared language for use across all forms of early childhood professional development: training, technical assistance and adult education. They include definitions of common terms used in the development, implementation and evaluation of professional development (PD) programs; in policy decisions and regulations; and in research and literature reviews. The glossaries are intended to support professional development activities and integrated PD systems.
- Early Childhood Education Professional Development: Training and Technical Assistance Glossary
Jointly developed by NAEYC and the National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA)
- Early Childhood Education Professional Development: Adult Education Glossary
Jointly developed by NAEYC and the Alliance of Early Childhood Teacher Educators (National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators and ACCESS: Associate Degree Early Childhood Teacher Educators)