College of Southern Nevada (CSN)
Important Notice Regarding ECE 274 Child and Family
ECE 274 Child and Family is being offered at the Cheyenne Campus on Thursdays from 6:00 - 8:50 PM. This course addresses how families function, cultural diversity and families, and special issues of families like divorce, step-families, single-parenting, etc. While the course has a pre-requisite of ECE 204, it is being waived. To obtain the waiver, please call Cindy at 651-4400 before attempting to register for the course. The course is required for the Preschool and Infant-Toddler AAS Degrees. This course will not be offered again until Spring 2013.
At the 2 year colleges, there are no requirements for admission. Students do not need to produce a high school diploma, or even to have graduated from high school. There are no SAT/ACT scores required. You must fill out a data form for a nominal fee, wait until that is processed, then you can enroll in classes from the website.
CSN currently has a limited number of online courses, but the list will be growing so please keep watch for new ones.
Students should select a degree that they want to pursue to help them in choosing classes. We suggest that students begin with basic courses such as ECE 250/ECE202/ECE 251/ECE 252 (which one would depend on your degree sheet).
Current Early Childhood Degree Options:
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood Education
- Associate of Applied Science - Early Childhood Education Director
- AAS - Early Childhood Education - Infant/Toddler Education
- AAS - Early Childhood Education - Preschool Education
- AAS - Early Childhood Education - Teacher Aide Education
(Targeted specifically at students wanting to be an aide in the school district).
- Associate of Applied Science or Certificate of Achievement - Early Childhood Education Infant/Toddler Education
- Associate of Applied Science or Certificate of Achievement - Early Childhood Education Preschool Education
For more information about the ECE opportunities at CSN, contact Cheryl Brecheisen, Professor, at (702) 651-4083 or email@example.com.