Child Care Licensing
All licensed child care facilities in Nevada are currently regulated by one of two licensing entities; the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH) - Child Care Licensing Unit (State) or Washoe County Human Services Agency - Child Care and Early Childhood Services.
The DPBH - Child Care Licensing Unit licenses, regulates and monitors all facilities located outside Washoe County. The DPBH enforces the state child care licensing regulations, which are the minimum requirements for child care in Nevada. The regulations for child care facilities in Washoe County must meet, but can exceed, the requirements set forth in the state child care licensing regulations.
- Statewide Contact List for Child Care Licensing
- State Child Care Regulations: NRS 432A - Services and Facilities for Care of Children
- Washoe County 2019 Child Care Regulations
- Search for Licensed Child Care Programs (outside of Washoe County)
- View List of Licensed Child Care Programs (in Washoe County)
- Washoe County Child Care Inspection Portal
- State Child Care Licensing - Licensed Facility/Capacity Reports
- State Child Care Advisory Council
- Child Care Licensing Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidelines for Initial and Continuing Training Requirements
- Mandated Reporting for Child Abuse and Neglect
- Opening Your Own State-Licensed Child Care Program