The Nevada Registry’s Training Approval System (TAS) Advisory Workgroup was created to help guide the ongoing development of The Nevada Registry’s newly implemented trainer criteria, approval and qualification process.
The work of the TAS Advisory Workgroup includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting in the development of alternative processes for obtaining experience delivering training to adults;
- Further defining the re-qualification/renewal criteria;
- Assisting with the development of a training program for new trainers and mentoring program for existing trainers;
- Exploring other components of the new and improved training approval system related to quality assurance (i.e., evaluation, observations);
- Creating an evaluation process for approved trainers to evaluate the Training Approval System annually; and
- Providing overall support to The Nevada Registry in the community related to trainer criteria.
The TAS Advisory Workgroup is comprised of members representing The Nevada Registry (staff), The Nevada Registry Advisory Committee, the Registry Advisory Committee Trainer Criteria Workgroup and specific sectors of the trainer community and Early Childhood workforce in Nevada. Appointed members of the workgroup were all approved as trainers in 2017 under the new trainer qualification and approval criteria and were selected through an application process.
The TAS Advisory Workgroup began its work in August 2017 and was originally slated to conclude in December 2019. Because there is still more work to be completed related to the original scope of work identified in 2017, the original workgroup has been extended through 2021. Further extensions will be decided upon in Fall 2021.
Employer: The Nevada Registry
Member Category: NevAEYC, T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Nevada
Member Category: Center Director – URBAN/Las Vegas, Nevada Registry Advisory Committee Member
Employer: La Petite Academy
Member Category: Support Service Provider
Employer: United Way of Southern Nevada
Member Category: B-3 Committee Member
Employer: Nevada Department of Education