As of June 30, 2021
Membership/Career Ladder Participation
6,660 active members
- 274 NEW members during this quarter
- 1,075 RETURNING (renewing) members during this quarter
Current Members by Level
Levels 1-3 (including the Pre-Level*) are the non-degreed levels of the ladder. However, some members placing at these levels hold an AA degree or higher in another field but have less than 30 ECE credits (or other qualifying criteria**) needed to place at a degreed level of the ladder (Levels 4-7). The number of members at each level of the ladder with a Non-ECE degree is included in the last column of the following table.
|Career Ladder Level||Number Within Each Level||Percentage of Total Membership||Members at Level with a Non-ECE Degree|
|Review/In Process - Level TBD||0||0%||0|
|Certificate of Participation/Pre-Level*||923||13.86%||50|
*Individuals placed at this level have applied for Career Ladder placement and are active members, but have not yet accumulated the 1000 hours of direct experience in the field of ECE necessary to place at a level.
- Change in membership total during this quarter: -17
- Change in number of members with a Non-ECE degree during this quarter: +13
Breakdown of Membership
|Total percentage of members with less than 1000 hours of direct service (regardless of education and training):||14%|
|Total percentage of members WITHOUT an ECE degree or other qualifying criteria (on file) needed to place at degreed level (Level 1- Level 3):||72%|
|Total percentage of members WITH an ECE degree or Non-ECE degree with other qualifying criteria** (Level 4 – Level 7):||14%|
**Other qualifying criteria are defined as 30 or more ECE credits, an ECE endorsement issued by the Department of Education or a Montessori diploma earned through an accredited program combined with a formal AA degree or higher.
A Closer Look at Career Ladder Levels
- 23% of all active members have an AA degree or higher (in any field of study).
Of this percentage:
45% have a degree in ECE
55% have a Non-ECE degree
- Of the 55% of members with a Non-ECE degree:
71% place at Levels 1 – 3 (including Certificate of Participation/Pre-Level)
29% place at Levels 4 – 7
- 12% of all members placing at Levels 1 – 3 (including Certificate of Participation/Pre-Level) have a Non-ECE degree but less than 30 ECE credits (or other qualifying criteria) needed to place at the degreed levels of the ladder (Levels 4 – 7).
- 74% of all members placing at Levels 4 – 7 have a degree in ECE. 26% have a Non-ECE degree with other qualifying criteria.
- 16% of all members without a degree of any type on file/documented have completed one or more ECE college credits (12% of all members). 33% of those who have completed some college, have completed 20 ECE credits or more.
- 65% of ALL members have zero ECE college credits on file/documented*.
*Members are placed at levels based on the documentation provided to The Nevada Registry. Though difficult to determine the actual percentage, it is known that a number of members have submitted only what is necessary to become compliant with Child Care Licensing (in conjunction with mandatory participation), not what is needed to place at the level commensurate with their completed college courses/degrees in ECE. As a result, it should not be assumed that members with zero ECE college credits on record/documented do not possess formal education beyond a High School diploma or that members at Levels 1– 3 (including the Pre-Level) do not possess higher education degrees.
Career Ladder Level Increases
14% of members renewing their membership during this quarter experienced a Career Ladder Level increase.
|Number of Members||Level Change|
|24||Completion of a formal degree in ECE and/or other qualifying criteria.|
|81||Accumulated the 1,000 hours of direct service needed to place on the ladder.|
|18||Within the same level (i.e., Level 1.1 to 1.2, 4.1 to 4.2, etc.)|
|21||Level 1 to Level 2|
|1||Level 1 to Level 3|
|7||Level 2 to Level 3|
Current Members by Job Type/Classification
|Job Type/Classification||Percentage of Total|
(Director, Lead/Asst. Teacher,
Family Home Care Provider, etc.)
(Early Childhood Trainer, Program Administrator, Higher Education Faculty, etc.)
(Unemployed, Student, Not Working in ECE, etc.)
Current Members by County
|County||% of Total|
|Out of State||0.89%|