The Division of Public and Behavioral Health wants your feedback!
The Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH) is requesting your feedback on regulations of which the Division or the Board of Health provides oversight, as part of Governor Lombardo’s Executive Order (EO) 2023-003: Order Freezing the Issuance of New Regulations and Requiring a Review of Existing Regulations by All Executive Branch Agencies, Departments, Boards and Commissions, dated January 12, 2023.
Through this process, DPBH has identified each Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) for which the agency has oversight or a regulation that impacts business operations of the agency. DPBH is now soliciting public feedback to identify regulations that may meet the following conditions:
- Be considered outdated, result in unintended consequences, create conflicts, or impose an unnecessary burden on citizens, businesses or government entities; and,
- Created a regulatory system that was not concise, transparent, stable, balanced, predictable and thoughtfully constructed; and,
- May result in unfocused and inefficient, contains regulations that are obsolete and includes regulations that are unnecessarily onerous, thereby limiting the economic potential of the State.
Responses can be submitted for one regulation set at a time; complete the survey as many times as you wish to provide feedback on more than one set of the listed regulations.
Responses must be submitted by 11:45 pm Friday, March 17, 2023.
A list of regulations are below for your reference:
- NAC 178 – CERTIFICATION TO EVALUATE COMPETENCY OF CRIMINAL DEFENDANTS
- NAC 392 – PUPILS
- NAC 394 – PRIVATE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS AND ESTABLISHMENTS
- NAC 432A – SERVICES AND FACILITIES FOR CARE OF CHILDREN
- NAC 433 – ADMINISTRATION OF MENTAL HEALTH AND INTELLECTUAL AND DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITY PROGRAMS
- NAC 433B – ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO CHILDREN
- NAC 439 – ADMINISTRATION OF PUBLIC HEALTH
- NAC 440 – VITAL STATISTICS
- NAC 441A – INFECTIOUS DISEASES; TOXIC AGENTS
- NAC 442 – MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH; ABORTION
- NAC 444 – SANITATION
- NAC 445A – WATER CONTROLS
- NAC 446 – FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS
- NAC 447 – PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS
- NAC 449 – MEDICAL FACILITIES AND OTHER RELATED ENTITIES
- NAC 450B – EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
- NAC 453A – MEDICAL USE OF MARIJUANA
- NAC 454 – POISONS, DANGEROUS DRUGS AND DEVICES
- NAC 457 – CANCER
- NAC 458 – ABUSE OF ALCOHOL AND DRUGS
- NAC 459 – HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
- NAC 583 – MEAT, FISH, PRODUCE, POULTRY AND EGGS
- NAC 585 – DRUGS AND COSMETICS
- NAC 586 – PESTICIDES
- NAC 625A – ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALISTS
- NAC 640D – MUSIC THERAPISTS
- NAC 640E – DIETETICS
- NAC 652 – MEDICAL LABORATORIES
Please feel free to reach out to Autumn Blattman firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions or concerns.