COVID-19 for Parents & Caregivers: Vaccines, Myths & Implications for Pregnancy, Breast and Chest Feeding, Gained Data From SET-NET Project, and FAQ.
May 10, 2022 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. PST
This webinar will focus on COVID-19 in three parts:
The first part of the presentation will provide a general overview and discussion of COVID-19 and Pregnancy presented by Sarah Jane Smith, MPH, MA, including:
- The impact of COVID-19 on pregnancy outcomes
- The burden of COVID-19 and health disparities
- The science behind the safety of the COVID-19 Vaccine while Pregnant, Breast or Chest Feeding
- Reasons to vaccinate during pregnancy; including the benefits for pregnant persons and infants
- Pregnancy-related vaccine myths and frequently asked questions
The second part will provide a general overview of the collaborative project of Surveillance of Emerging Threats to Mothers and Babies (SET-NET) presented by Jaimee Maranon, MS, and Natasha Nyquist-Smith, MPH:
- The overview of the SET-NET project
- Surveillance Background
- Current birthing trends in Nevada
- Vaccine Trends and information
The final part will be a facilitated ‘Question and Answer Period’ with attendees by Dr. David N. Jackson.