Your Career Ladder level is determined according to the documentation submitted with your application/renewal and reflects the highest level of formal education in Early Care and Education (ECE) found. The documentation required to initially apply to The Nevada Registry is based on your provider type at the time of application. If you currently work in a program that is exempt from licensing requirements (Tribal Child Care, State Funded Pre-K, Kith and Kin, etc.), you were not required to submit documentation verifying the completion of the initial training requirements of Child Care Licensing. Be aware that if you change employment to a licensed program, you will be required to complete all the training requirements of Child Care Licensing.
If you have completed all the training requirements of Child Care Licensing, please submit them with your annual renewal (if they have not already been imported into your account). The additional training certificates may allow you to work in a licensed child care facility and may also increase your Career Ladder level to a higher level.
The following tips will make the process of uploading files quick and easy:
- It is recommended (and preferred) that files be uploaded using a desktop computer.
- Files must be saved in PDF format. Please convert your files to PDF prior to uploading. Click here for more information about how to convert files to PDF.
- The maximum individual file size is 10 megabytes. If your file is too large, you will need to break it up into several documents and save the documents separately. Saving files at a lower resolution or in grayscale also helps to reduce the file size.
- Make sure the files you submit are legible. If they are blurry and cannot be verified, they may not be added to your account.
- When naming files, avoid punctuation marks in the title.
- Documents cannot be uploaded after you have submitted your renewal. A fee of $20 will be assessed to re-process your renewal if you would like to add items you did not include, prior to your next renewal.