Skip to main content

Stipend Application Period Now Closed

The deadline to submit a stipend application was June 30, 2024. No further stipend applications are being accepted at this time. Please direct all questions regarding the status of your application to NevAEYC at 775-327-0680.

A message from Anne Dahms; Child Care Services Agency

Child Care Providers,

Please see the updated instructions for obtaining a child care work permit.  This flyer contains the email address that providers can use for questions and assistance.  Center Directors may also use that email to contact for NEW HIRE appointments, as they try to get those folks in sooner than those renewing their cards.  The Sheriff’s Office is doing their best to accommodate as many of these appointments as possible.  Please be aware there is currently up to a 3-4 week scheduling timeframe for renewals, so please plan ahead. If your employee lapses on their work permit, they cannot work until they have fingerprinted.  Also, the Sheriff’s Office will be closed for a week in July (tentatively scheduled for the week of July 12th).

As always, please remember:

  • For child care center employees, the authorization form must be signed by the Director or owner of the child care center.
  • However, center Directors and owners may NOT sign their own authorization slips; instead, theirs must be signed by Washoe County Human Services Agency.
  • For family child care homes and group homes, the authorization form must be signed by Washoe County Human Services Agency. 
  • Print out your application prior to arriving for your appointment.
  • Bring with you to your appointment:
    • Your signed authorization slip;
    • Your printed child care work permit application, fingerprint authorization form, and child support form you completed online; and
    • Valid state or federal ID such as ID card, driver’s license, passport, etc.

Please call 337-4470 with any questions, or to obtain an authorization signed by Washoe County Human Services Agency.