Attention Trainers: Time is Running Out!
Posted Friday, December 6, 2019 by Shelly Nye
With only four weeks left in the year, it is imperative that you prepare for the 2020 trainer renewal process NOW, especially because this is the final reminder that will be posted for 2019.
- Your trainer approval status will expire on December 31, 2019.
- The trainer renewal period will open on January 6, 2020. Training dates for the 2020 calendar may be submitted on or after January 6, 2020, after you have renewed your trainer approval status.
- To be eligible to renew your trainer status in 2020, you must deliver a minimum of four Registry-approved training sessions AND complete the required continuing education training hours prior to December 31, 2019. Trainers who DO NOT fully meet the annual trainer renewal requirements by December 31, 2019 will not be eligible to renew their trainer approval status for the next qualification period.
Verify Your Renewal Status Eligibility
Log in to your Online Portal and click on the blue tab labeled 'Trainer Renewal Eligibility Status' right below the 'My Trainer Profile' tab within the 'Trainer Profile' section of your portal to do the following:
- View the number of Registry-approved training sessions delivered to date during the 2019 calendar year. If you have delivered less than four, you will need to schedule and deliver additional training sessions prior to December 31st.
- Upload your continuing education training certificates. Your account will be updated within two business days. Return to your portal to confirm that your certificates have been received and added to your account. If you have not completed three accepted hours in adult learning AND 12 hours in general continuing education, you will need to register for and complete additional training prior to December 31st.
- Access to the 2020 Trainer Renewal Application will be granted to eligible trainers on January 6, 2020 within the Online Portal (if the renewal criteria was fully met by December 31, 2019). For this reason, documentation must be uploaded to the Trainer Renewal Eligibility Status tab of your trainer account in order to verify completion of continuing education hours.
Do Not Delay!
The Nevada Registry office will be closed December 25, 2019 - January 1, 2020. Any training/documentation submitted or uploaded during this time will not be reviewed until the office reopens on January 2nd. By then, it could be too late if you have not fully met the requirements. Do not wait any longer! Verify your eligibility status while there is still time to meet the requirements!