Attention Trainers! Important Mid-Year Reminders
Posted Friday, June 14, 2019 by Shelly Nye
As the first half of the year comes to an end, we would like to take an opportunity to provide a few important reminders to prepare you for the 2020 trainer renewal process. Please read this information carefully as it provides you with everything you need to know in order to successfully renew your trainer approval status next year.
- Your trainer approval status will expire on December 31, 2019.
- The trainer renewal period will open on January 6, 2020 and will remain open through September 30, 2020. There is no pre-renewal period this year.
- Training dates for the 2020 calendar may be submitted as of January 6, 2020, after you have renewed your trainer approval status.
- To renew your trainer approval status, the following requirements must be met by December 31, 2019:
- Deliver a minimum of four Registry-approved training sessions during the 2019 calendar year. Confirm the number of training sessions you have delivered at any time from within your Online Portal. The number you see shows only what has been delivered, not what has been approved but not yet delivered. Because training sessions are no longer required to be open to the public, the percentage of training open to the public displayed in your portal is provided simply as a guide for you to determine your impact on the greater ECE community. With six months remaining in 2019, there is still plenty of time to deliver four training sessions if you have not already done so!
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education or college coursework related to your approved training topics/expertise and an additional three hours of training specific to adult learning principles (for a total of 15 hours) as defined on the ADULT LEARNING PRINCIPLES List of Acceptable Training document of The Nevada Registry. Training must be taken during the 2019 calendar year and be completed by December 31st. As a reminder, training in adult learning principles must be selected from the options provided in the above-referenced document. Training selected from other sources is not guaranteed to be accepted/applied toward the requirement and will only be considered if we have reviewed the training description prior to your completing it to ensure it contains the required content. Contact our office as soon as possible if you have any doubt about whether a training you have taken to meet this requirement will be accepted. Please do not assume that a training will fulfill the requirement and do not wait until the end of year or for your annual trainer renewal in 2020 to confirm. There is ample time to complete additional training if need be.
- Trainers who DO NOT fully meet the annual trainer renewal requirements by December 31st will not be eligible to renew their trainer approval status for a period of one year.
Please continue to visit the 'For Trainers' page of The Nevada Registry website throughout the remainder of the year for any additional updates and news related to the training approval system. Feel free to contact our office at any time with questions about the training approval system or your trainer approval status.
As always, we thank you for being an integral part of the professional development system in Nevada. We look forward to continuing to support you for the remainder of this year and again in the future should you desire to renew your trainer approval status for the 2020 calendar year.