Introducing the New and Improved Training Approval System
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2017 by Shelly Nye
Happy New Year from The Nevada Registry!
The new and improved trainer qualification and approval process has officially launched! We’d like to take the opportunity to thank our previously registered trainers who helped us test the system and make important changes during our “soft” launch. Your feedback and support throughout this process has been invaluable!
We are beyond thrilled to announce that over 50 trainers have already completed the application process and are now approved trainers with The Nevada Registry, and another 30+ trainers are in the process! Though not without a few challenges, we delivered on our promise to ensure that training events scheduled in January would be approved and available to the ECE community. In fact, 57 trainings were approved during the first week of implementation; many open to the public and posted to the Training Calendar to help our workforce continue to meet their professional development needs.
We are off to a great start! As we move forward, we’d like to offer a few tips, reminders and a bit of good news that will continue to guide you through these changes.
- The application process works most efficiently in the Chrome browser. The process can be completed using other browsers, but they tend to be less stable. Please do not complete the process via your tablet or mobile device at this time. Additional testing is currently being conducted to make the process compatible with alternative devices, but for now, using a desktop computer will yield the best results.
- If you were previously a Non-ECE trainer now applying as a Topic Trainer, please submit any certifications, licenses, etc. that you may have, even if you believe you have previously submitted this information in the past. Approval decisions are based on the documentation submitted at the time of application.
- As of January 2017, The Nevada Registry will no longer be entering your training events for approval. Instead, (once you have completed the trainer approval process and been approved), you will be granted access to your own online User Portal that will allow you to electronically submit your training requests for approval. As such, the training approval request forms previously used to submit training for approval are no longer valid. Approval requests received via mail will also no longer be accepted. All training events must be submitted through your User Portal.
- If you will be offering the same training multiple times, it is not necessary to enter all known dates at once. Instead, enter just one of the training events for approval. Once this first request is approved, you will be able to quickly and easily duplicate it for a unique approval code saving you time and energy.
- Individuals who are responsible for submitting training events on their own behalf as well as for their employer will be able to submit training as an individual or under the sponsor account from within their User Portal. Individuals who are not approved trainers, but who are responsible for submitting training on behalf of other trainers within their organization will be granted access to the sponsor portal for submission. Please contact our office for further information if this applies to you.
- As part of our ongoing process of transitioning to a paperless system, attendance/sign-in sheets should be submitted via email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save and submit each sign-in sheet separately and include the approval code in the subject line of the email. Faxed attendance sheets will no longer be accepted.
- The two-week submission policy will continue to be waived during the month of January as we fully transition into the new system.
- And quite possibly the best news of all; as of February 1, 2017, the two-week submission will no longer be in effect. Instead, new (original) training events may be submitted up to 3 days prior to the date of the event and duplicate trainings may be created 1 day prior to the date of the event. Original events will continue to be reviewed and approved by Registry staff, whereas duplicate events will be automatically approved from within your User Portal. We continue to recommend that training events be submitted as far in advance as possible to allow you adequate time to prepare and attendees time to more intentionally plan their professional development, but training events will no longer be denied when not submitted two weeks in advance.
This is just the beginning of many great things to come! We will continue to listen to the feedback from the trainer and training community and build new resources that will help streamline the approval process. Again, thank you for the patience you have extended to us, the kind words you have expressed throughout this process and your ongoing support. We recognize that change is hard, but believe that the road we are on is full of great improvements and new possibilities. Thank you for being our partners in this journey!