Approved Trainers - Important Year-End Reminder
Posted Tuesday, October 1, 2019 by Shelly Nye
As we head into the last quarter of the 2019 calendar year, we would like to provide a few important reminders to prepare you for the 2020 trainer renewal process. Please read this information carefully as it provides you with everything you need to know in order to successfully renew your trainer approval status next year.
- Your trainer approval status will expire on December 31, 2019.
- The trainer renewal period will open on January 6, 2020 and will remain open through September 30, 2020. There is no pre-renewal period this year.
- Training dates for the 2020 calendar may be submitted as of January 6, 2020, after you have renewed your trainer approval status.
- To renew your trainer approval status, the following requirements must be met by December 31, 2019:
- Deliver a minimum of four Registry-approved training sessions during the 2019 calendar year.
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education or college coursework related to your approved training topics/expertise AND an additional three hours of training specific to adult learning principles (for a total of 15 hours) as defined on the ADULT LEARNING PRINCIPLES List of Acceptable Training document of The Nevada Registry. Training must be taken during the 2019 calendar year and be completed by December 31, 2019.
- Trainers who DO NOT fully meet the annual trainer renewal requirements by December 31, 2019 will not be eligible to renew their trainer approval status for a period of one year.
Verify Your Eligibility
Log into your Online Portal and click on the blue tab labeled 'Trainer Renewal Eligibility Status' right below the 'My Trainer Profile' tab within the 'Trainer Profile' section of your portal. Click on it to view the number of Registry-approved training sessions delivered to date during the 2019 calendar year and the number of continuing education hours verified in both the adult learning principles and continuing education categories.
Submitting Continuing Education Training Certificates for Verification
Click on the 'Upload Documents' button at the bottom of the eligibility tab to attach copies of certificates for your completed continuing education hours. The Nevada Registry will review your documents within two business days and your account will be updated to show the total number of verified hours on file. Though you will not be contacted after your account has been updated, you can check your portal at any time to ensure you have the required number of hours on file.
How Will I Know Whether I am Eligible to Renew in January 2020?
When you have delivered at least four Registry-approved training sessions AND completed 12 general continuing education hours and three hours in adult learning principles (for a total of 15 hours), you will see a statement at the bottom of the new tab verifying that you are eligible to renew your trainer approval status beginning on January 6, 2020. Similarly, a message will be displayed when you have not yet met all of the renewal requirements. In either instance, you will have visual confirmation of exactly what is needed in order to be eligible to renew for the next qualification period that begins on January 6, 2020.
Submit your documentation for review and verification today! The sooner the better; there is still plenty of time to meet both requirements before December 31, 2019!