Skip to main content

Enrollment for the Telehealth Services Benefit Program Now Available to ALL Registry Members

Receive access to unlimited telemedicine calls and up to 10 teletherapy sessions, per year, per family, for up to two years for FREE! Individuals must be active members of The Nevada Registry and currently employed in a child care setting or other early childhood-related program in Nevada to enroll. Log into your Online Portal account and click on the 'Membership Account' tab on your dashboard. If you are employed in ECE, you will see a new tab titled, ‘Telehealth Services Benefit Program' under your 'Training Documentation' tab. Open that tab and scroll down to the bottom to begin the enrollment process.

Learn More About the Telehealth Program

Nevada System of Higher Education

The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) (formerly the University and Community College System of Nevada "UCCSN") was formed in 1968 to oversee all state-supported higher education in Nevada.

College of Southern Nevada

Great Basin College

Truckee Meadows Community College

University of Nevada - Las Vegas

University of Nevada – Reno

Western Nevada College

T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood ® Nevada

For more specific information about Early Childhood degree options, visit the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Nevada website. There you will find a user-friendly breakdown of the various ECE degree options available in Nevada.

Academic Terms:

  • Higher Education  
    Education provided by universities, vocational universities (community colleges, liberal arts colleges, and technical colleges, etc.) and other collegial institutions that award academic degrees.
  • Certificate of Achievement (CA)
    Focuses on job-specific skills. A Certificate of Achievement is typically half the credits of an Associates degree.  With this certificate, students typically take very limited general education courses (maybe only English and math).  Later, if a student wants, they can go on to get an AAS degree.
  • Associate of Arts (AA) 
    The Associate of Arts degree is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a university to complete a Bachelor of Arts degree. With an Associate of Arts degree, students are qualified to transfer to a four-year college or university with junior standing.
  • Associate of Science (AS) 
    The Associate of Science degree is designed for students who are planning to transfer to a university to complete a Bachelor of Science degree. The Associate of Science degree provides the math and science background students need to transfer to a four-year college or university with junior standing.
  • Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
    An Associate of Applied Science (AAS), generally attainable in two years, is considered a “terminal” degree.  In other words, it is a degree someone might get if  they have no intention of continuing on to get a Bachelor’s Degree.  (Not all the credits will transfer into a Bachelor’s degree program.)  It is also considered “vocational”, meaning that at the end of this degree a person will be ready for their chosen career, with no further degree necessary.
  • Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS)
    A Bachelor’s Degree is usually an undergraduate academic degree awarded for a course or major that generally lasts for three, four, or in some cases, five or six years.
  • Master of Arts (MA)/Master of Science (MS)
    A Master’s degree is a postgraduate academic degree awarded after the completion of a program of one to three years in duration. This acknowledgment comprises about 4-6 years of university study in total.
  • Postgraduate Education
    Often known as graduate education, involves studying for degrees or other qualifications for which a first or Bachelor’s degree is required, and is normally considered to be part of tertiary or higher education. In North America this level is generally referred to as graduate school.
  • Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
    An advanced academic degree.