Strong Start for Children Parent Ambassadors Needed
Posted Wednesday, November 6, 2019 by Shelly Nye
Childrens’ best advocates are parents, and the Strong Start for Children program is currently looking for parents who would like to be part of a group to help Nevada increase access to quality early learning experiences for families.
Ambassadors will receive:
- Specialized training on advocacy in Early Childhood;
- Opportunities to meet with state, federal, and other policy makers;
- A chance to go on a trip to Washington, D.C. for federal advocacy training and to meet federal representatives;
- A stipend for your time and participation; and
- An opportunity to network with a group of other parents passionate about children's issues.
Interested parents can learn more and complete a 12-question Strong Start for Children Parent Ambassador application at this link. Application deadline is Friday, Nov. 8, 2019.