A Look Inside The Nevada Registry - May 2020
Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2020 by Shelly Nye
May mirrored April in many ways. We continued to see a gradual decline in membership and training submissions as a result of the pandemic, but we are hopeful that we will start to see some increased activity in June as Phase 2 of the Governor's Roadmap to Recovery is initiated and the workforce begins to return to their positions in child care facilities.
- Membership total: 7181
- 410 applications and renewal forms were received and data-entered into the system.
- 371 membership certificates were processed. View, download or print your certificate from within your Online Portal.
- 971 active members accessed their Online Portal this month.
- The average turnaround time to process NEW applications was less than one day!
- The average turnaround time to process RENEWAL applications was one day!
- 784 renewal reminder notices were sent via email. Contact our office to provide a current email address if you do not currently have one on file. This ensures you will receive multiple electronic renewal reminders prior to your certificate expiration date. Having an email address on file also grants you access to your online member account.
- 67 training sessions were approved.
- 2 NEW trainers were approved.
- 42 active members received gifts recognizing Career Ladder advancement and longevity with The Nevada Registry.
- 1769 birthday messages were sent to active Registry members.
- Our YouTube video tutorials were viewed 139 times during this month (2625 times combined).
- 691 online ChildCare Education Institute course completions were imported into the membership accounts of 224 active members as a result of our data sharing partnership.
- 518 online ProSolutions Training course completions were imported into the membership accounts of 126 active members as a result of our data sharing partnership.
- 22 Directors interacted with the Employee List feature from within their Online Portal and were able to successfully update their staff lists. Learn more about the feature here.
- Verified attendance for 59 Registry-approved training sessions was added to the membership accounts of 979 training attendees. Learn more here.
- A meeting of the Training Approval System (TAS) Advisory Workgroup was held.
- The project to align workforce standards and professional development with NAEYC's professional standards and competencies continued. Target date for completion: June 2020
- In response to feedback from approved trainers, two new features were added to the Online Portal allowing trainers to save a partially entered training approval request and to search for training by approval code from within their account.
- Active members of The Nevada Registry were invited to participate in the largest nation-wide epidemiological study on a single workforce ever attempted. The study is being conducted by the Yale School of Medicine in an effort to find out how Early Childhood educators and the families they serve, can remain safe and healthy through the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about the study.
- With help from members of the Registry Advisory Committee, The Nevada Registry's Vision and Mission statements were reviewed and revised. A Value Statement was also formulated as part of the revision process. Read more.
- A new automated notification system was created to remind trainers to submit attendance within five days of a delivered training session.
- A new video tutorial was released to provide an overview of the online attendance tracking feature.