accent art

Statewide Contact List

Licensed child care facilities in Nevada are currently regulated by one of two licensing entities; Child Care Licensing with the Division of Public and Behavioral Health (i.e., State) or Washoe County Child Care Licensing.

Child Care Licensing with the Division of Public and Behavioral Health licenses, regulates and monitors all facilities located outside Washoe County and enforces the state child care licensing regulations, which are the minimum requirements for child care in Nevada. The regulations for child care facilities in Washoe County Child Care Licensing must meet, but can exceed, the requirements set forth in the state child care licensing regulations. Contact information for both agencies is listed below.


Child Care Licensing with the Division of Public and Behavioral Health   

The mission of the Child Care Licensing Unit is to reduce the risk of harm to children placed in child care outside of their own home. To ensure the health, safety and proper treatment of children receiving out-of-home care, the Bureau has the responsibility for initial licensing, continued monitoring and providing technical assistance to child care facilities caring for five or more children not licensed by local entities. Facilities include child care centers, on-site centers, care for ill children, special needs centers, pre-schools, nurseries for infants and toddlers, accommodation facilities, family care homes, group care homes, institutions and outdoor youth programs. These functions are statewide and jurisdiction includes all rural counties, the incorporated areas of Clark County and designated federal, state and county operated programs for children.  


Northern Nevada  
Carson City
Churchill, Douglas, Lyon, Mineral, Pershing, Storey Counties & State operated facilities in Washoe and Carson City
Main Number: (775) 684-4463
727 Fairview Dr. Suite E
Carson City, NV 89701

Elko, Esmeralda, Eureka, Humboldt, Lander, Northern Lincoln, Northern Nye and White Pine Counties
Main Number: (775) 753-1237
1010 Ruby Vista Drive, Suite 101
Elko, NV 89801  

Southern Nevada  
Henderson, North Las Vegas, Mesquite, Boulder City, Southern Lincoln and Southern Nye Counties
Main Number: (702) 486-3822
3811 W. Charleston Blvd., #210
Las Vegas, NV 89102 

Access a listing of child care facilities licensed by Child Care Licensing
with the Division of Public and Behavioral Health 


Washoe County Human Services Agency - Child Care and Early Childhood Services  

Washoe County Child Care Services is responsible for regulating and monitoring the temporary care provided to children outside of their home by caregivers other than their natural parents. They use the laws and regulations set by the State and the County to ensure a minimum level of care is provided to children to maintain and facilitate their normal development, health, safety, and welfare. 

Main Number: (775) 337-4470
PO Box 11130
Reno, NV 89520 

Access a listing of child care facilities licensed by
Washoe County Social Services.

© 2019 The Nevada Registry