CPR/First Aid training will be recognized by Child Care Licensing and The Nevada Registry for Career Ladder placement ONLY when it is taken from an instructor issuing an official certification card* from one of the following agencies:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- American Safety and Health Institute
- EMS Safety Services
- Medic First Aid
- HSI (parent agency for American Safety and Health Institute, Medic First Aid and EMS Safety Services brands)
Per State Child Care Licensing:
- CPR training must include an infant/child/pediatric component. Cards indicating adult only instruction or that do not clearly indicate that infant/child/pediatric CPR was included will not be accepted.
- CPR training must include an in-person skill demonstration component. Blended instruction that combines online learning with skill demonstration is permitted. A CPR course offered 100% online will not be accepted, even when taken from one of the recognized agencies.
- First Aid training may be completed in person or online.
*A third party card bearing the name of a private business company in lieu of the official agency card will not be accepted, even if the card states that the training “meets the guidelines of XX agency”. Examples of CPR/First Aid Cards bearing the official logos from one of the recognized agencies: