Your Voice Powers Our Profession - A Message from NAEYC
Posted Tuesday, September 3, 2019 by Shelly Nye
Message fowarded from The National Power to the Profession Task Force:
“Our vision is that early childhood educators are members of a prepared, diverse, effective, equitable and well-compensated profession, and able to play a central role in defining and shaping that profession.”
Tell Us: What kinds of expectations, supports, and resources are needed in order to make this shared vision a reality?
The latest draft recommendations from the Power to the Profession Task Force, Decision Cycles 7+8, which address these issues of resources, support, expectations, and accountability, are open for comment and your expertise is needed!
What you can do:
- Read the draft in English or en Español
- Tell them what you think- Complete the survey or send your thoughts to email@example.com
- Share with others - tell them to visit www.powertotheprofession.org to learn more
- Post on social media - use the hashtag #powertotheprofession to spread the word
Feedback will be accepted through September 13, 2019.
Help Lead the Conversation
NAEYC needs as many voices as possible to join this conversation, and your leadership to engage others is essential. Sign up to receive their Facilitator Toolkit to get the resources you need to hold a discussion with your colleagues, including:
- Tips for preparing to host a discussion
- Sample text for promoting the discussion
- Sample agendas, discussion questions, and activities
- Supplemental resources and background materials
- Feedback form for sharing the results of the discussion back to the Power to the Profession Task Force
NAEYC is holding special P2P virtual office hours dedicated to the facilitator’s toolkit on Thursday, September 5, 12:00 PM EST. They will walk through the toolkit, respond to questions, and brainstorm opportunities for hosting discussions. Additional office hours are available and you are invited to send any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use Your Voice
Looking for other ways to raise your voice for our profession, and the children and families we serve? It’s not too late to reach out to your Senators and Representatives to ask them to support increased investments in the Child Care and Development Block Grant!
Check out this toolkit for tips, tweets, and more to help you take action before Congress goes back into session next Monday, September 9!
Questions? Email email@example.com anytime!