Attention Approved ECE 4 and Topic Trainers with an Associate's Degree or Higher!
Posted Thursday, April 13, 2017 by Shelly Nye
The Nevada Registry is excited to announce the creation of the Training Approval System (TAS) Advisory Workgroup. The workgroup is designed to help guide the ongoing development of The Nevada Registry's newly implemented trainer criteria, approval and qualification process.
The work of this group will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting in the development of alternative processes for obtaining experience delivering training to adults;
- Further defining the requalification/renewal criteria;
- Assisting with the development of a mentoring system for new trainers;
- Exploring other components of the new and improved training approval system related to quality assurance (i.e., evaluation, observations, etc.);
- Creating an evaluation process for approved trainers to evaluate the Training Approval System annually; and
- Providing overall support to The Nevada Registry in the community related to trainer criteria.
The TAS Advisory Workgroup will be comprised of members of The Nevada Registry Advisory Committee, the Registry Advisory Trainer Criteria Workgroup and individuals who have been approved as trainers in Year 1 (2017) of trainer criteria implementation. Workgroup members will be asked to share their expertise and provide input regarding the further development of the training approval system.
To ensure a broad and collective voice, we are looking for individuals representing specific sectors of the trainer community and the Early Childhood workforce in Nevada. The workgroup will be comprised of no less than 13 and no more than 15 members (in addition to The Nevada Registry Program Director and Registry Specialist).
- Active member of the 2017 The Nevada Registry Advisory Committee
- Active member of the 2017 Registry Advisory Trainer Criteria Workgroup
Note: Both Advisory Committee members have been appointed by The Nevada Registry and will serve as Co-Chairs for the TAS Advisory Workgroup.
- Funding Agency Representative
- Center Director - URBAN: ECE 4 Trainer
- Center Director - RURAL: ECE 4 Trainer
- Support Service Provider (i.e., Child Care Resource & Referral, TA Provider, Early Intervention Provider, etc.): ECE 4 Trainer
- QRIS Coach: ECE 4 Trainer
- Child Care Licensing Representative: ECE 4 Trainer or Topic Trainer with an Associate's Degree or higher.
- Licensed Practitioner (i.e., Nurse, Psychologist, Counselor, etc.): Topic Trainer with an Associate's Degree or higher.
- Nevada Department of Education Licensed K-3 Teacher: ECE 4 Trainer or Topic Trainer with an Associate's Degree or higher.
- General Topic Trainer with an Associate's Degree or higher.
- Early Childhood Advisory Committee (ECAC) Member: ECE 4 Trainer or Topic Trainer with an Associate's Degree or higher.
- NevAEYC Board Member who best represents NAEYC and national perspective on professional preparation in Early Childhood Education: ECE 4 Trainer or Topic Trainer with an Associate's Degree or higher.
- Other (TBD): Appointed at the discretion of The Nevada Registry Advisory Committee
Individuals with known/identified expertise may also be consulted on an as-needed basis to provide additional input and insight.
Interested individuals must be 2017 approved trainers to apply/be considered for an appointed member category as identified above.
Workgroup Selection Process
Members will be selected through an application process and appointed by The Nevada Registry Advisory Committee.
The workgroup is currently projected to convene July 2017 - December 2019. Selection as a workgroup member will require a commitment to attend monthly meetings. Meetings will occur primarily via video/telephone conference call but may also include several face-to-face meetings in Reno. Face-to-Face meetings will likely be held at the Early Childhood Professional Development Center; 240 S. Rock Blvd., Ste., #143. Travel costs for flights/mileage for members traveling from Las Vegas or Elko will be covered if the member's employer does not have funding to support travel.
Don't delay! The deadline to apply is Friday, April 21, 2017.
Click Here to Apply Now